ASIC miners in a nutshell
ASICs (application-specific integrated circuits) have been around for quite a long while. Only that they have been recently adopted as cryptocurrency miners. They are chips built into specially designed motherboards and power supplies, constructed into a single unit.
ASIC Miners have been developed for bitcoin, and subsequently other coins such as Litecoin and Dash. Bitcoin ASICs are specifically designed to mine bitcoins, this means that all of its computing resources can be optimized for a single task, unlike CPUs or GPUs that are versatile.
ASIC miners benefits
Initially, Bitcoin was mined using CPUs, then graphic cards, up until the development of ASIC Miners. ASIC Miners made bitcoin mining more profitable as miners realised they could generate more hashing power using this specialized hardware.
Every coin has its specific cryptographic hash algorithm and the benefit of ASIC miners is that they are designed to efficiently perform the calculations required by a specific cryptographic hash algorithm used by different cryptocurrencies.
ASIC Miners offer a high “hashrate” while consuming less energy than a general piece of hardware might use for the same task.
ASICminer ZEON with hashrate 180ksol/s
This happens to be the most powerful ASIC Miner. An equihash algorithm miner with a power consumption of 2200 watts, it can mine popular equihash coins like Zcash, Zclassic and Zencash. The ASIC Miner Zeon is a noiseless and watercool system which keeps the hashing chips from heating.
ASIC Miner Zeon specification:
- Hash Rate: 180KSol/s±10%
- Dimensions: 500mm x 500mm x 235mms
- Power Consumption: 2200W±10%
- Weight: 27 kg/unit
- Cooling: Original ASICminer water cooling noiseless system
- Operating Temperature: 10°C to 45 °C
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- Noise: 47db
The ASIC Miner Zeon 180,000 Sol/s package comes with a 1 x Power Cable 3m (Plug type of the shipping country, 1 x LAN Cable 10m and Built-in PSU.
Below are some of its features:
- 27 times lower Power Consumption and Heat Dissipation (2200W±10%).
- 61% ROI Annually.
- Noiseless Water Cooling: It has the most effective closed-loop cooling system with silent high-pressure pumps and can be installed in residential areas due to the low level of noise.
- Durable and can work for more than 50,000 hours. It continues to work even if 35% of fans stop working.
- Ready to use mining farms: A farm of 50 miners can be assembled into the mining farm on latches, by two people, in less than an hour.
- Simple transportation: Has Fold handle on top and handles on body sides.
As of today, the ASIC Miner Zeon 180k costs about $19,000 with a daily return of about $150 running 24 hours. That’s pretty impressive.
Due to the high price, reasonable questions might arise. As there is a simple rule of investing: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. We believe that the majority of people would prefer to buy cheaper miners but in larger amounts. As well the brand name is not so trustworthy and proven, which adds extra risks to the investment in comparison with Bitmain production, for example.
Well, a competition in ASIC production is definitely beneficial for the industry. In the end, it depends on the strategy and personal choices. The high efficiency of the ASICminer Zeon 180K Sol/s guarantees high ROI and worth considering.